Raspberry and Earl Grey Jellies - Serves 6
Takes about 1 hour to make, plus setting. You will need
- 450g ripe raspberries (or good quality frozen ones)
- 150g caster sugar
- 4 sheets leaf gelatine
- 3 bellevue Earl Grey tea bags
- juice of ½ lemon
- double cream, to serve
Steps to Prepare:
- Mash the raspberries and sugar to a juicy pulp. Set aside for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, so the sugar dissolves. Rub through a sieve.
- Half-fill a bowl with cold water, and lay the gelatine in it to soften. Drop the tea bags into a measuring jug and pour in enough boiling water to come up to the 300ml mark. Leave for a few minutes to brew but while it’s hot remove the tea bags.
- Scoop the gelatine out of its bath, squeeze out excess water and stir into the steaming tea. Now add the lemon juice and pour in the raspberry liquid. Pour into 6 x 120ml moulds or champagne flutes or small wine glasses. Leave to cool, then put in the fridge to set for 5-6 hours.
Turn out the jellies on to serving plates, or serve in champagne flutes or glasses.
Posted by Paul, FoodAdo Team
Recipe Courtesy of Clare Jones at the Bellevue Tea Company
Feel free to add your comments here or on facebook.com/FoodAdo